Tuesday, May 21, 2013

So far...

So it's been a little while since I've updated here.  It has been a little crazy and disorienting, but good none the less.

- We are currently staying with some friends in their spare bedroom.  I move this weekend and B will follow in a couple of weeks
- When I say move, I mean move in with my parents (for a little bit)
- We are working on more permanent living situation in the mean time
- This will be my last week to work here in Birmingham!  This whole process has been a little bittersweet. So many things have happened for me here and I have many fond memories that will go with me.  I'm sad to be leaving some great coworkers and friends, too!  I know that will be the hardest part!
- I am, however, looking forward to starting this new chapter in our lives and seeing what God has in store for us!  There is definitely a level of nervousness and anxiety as I start a new job and start getting incorporated into a new community, but I'm excited as many things have fallen into place already!
- We have a lot more things coming up!  This brief stay our friends house has been a fantastic respite before more craziness comes our way!:). A lot of it will be fun and excited, but trying to balance new jobs for both of us, weird nomadic living situations, and trying to secure a permanent place to live and all that entails means lots of thought and prayer (as well as being wise with our finances)!

We are hoping for a seamless transition and I am hoping my first couple of weeks of work go well.  I will be fighting the dreaded traffic and driving an hour each way!  This makes me a little nervous, but I do have the audio books of Narnia downloaded and intend to get some "reading" in!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment