Sunday, January 17, 2016

1 year

Dear baby girl,
You are now a 1 year old!  You are becoming more of a toddler than the little baby I remember from so many of these past months.  Though I remember those days (mostly) with a smile, I do miss them!  But, I am also looking forward to witnessing the person you are becoming daily, tantrums included!  It has never ceased to amaze me how you have learned things so quickly and discovered your surroundings; how the daredevil in you comes out in the weirdest times, but you are overly cautious at other times; how we've always had to work a little bit to get you to laugh but how much that laugh brightens our house; how it seems impossible that you can be 1 already but it also seems like you have been in our family forever!!

The past year has been a whirlwind at times and crept by unnoticed at others.  There is nothing I would change about this past year with you.  I've tried to soak in every moment I've had knowing that this precious time will only go by faster as you get older.  Those creeping days, I have enjoyed and intentionally have taken slow.  Do I remember exactly when you hit certain milestones? No, but I remember how excited we were when you smiled the first time, when you figured out how to roll over, how proud you were when you ventured to crawl those first few inches ever so cautiously.  Even now, how you will stand unassisted for minutes, but caution kicks in and you sit before you take a step.  There are moments emblazoned in my memory from this past year and most of them include your smiling face.

There are times I catch myself wondering who you will be, how you will face the world, what kind of career you will choose, and much more.  Though I truly look forward to finding out all of these things, I hope and pray that you will ultimately love the Lord with all of your being and that you will follow His path for you.  He has great plans for you, little one, and I pray daily that what I do today with you will prepare you for what He will do with you one day.

Know that you are loved by many, sweet girl.  You are a bright spot for many in our family.  You have learned lots over this past year, but you have also taught us all more than you will ever know!  I am truly blessed to call you daughter!!

Love you always,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! "You ARE loved by many," precious one! Love, Aunt Lauren :-)

    ReplyDelete