Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In the middle

So, I guess all of this will start in the middle. I'm always amazed at how quickly the time passes. I'm also amazed at how much I choose to focus on things completely out of my control. I am always anxious for the future and need to be more concerned with the present. Hence the title of my blog. Several years ago, I was in a Bible study and we were talking about Psalm 119:105...

Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105 ESV)

This verse struck me differently as I read it multiple times...He will light my path as I move along, but my feet will only be visible throughout my journey. What a tremendous amount of faith it takes to move through this life He has provided. I struggle daily with not knowing where this path will lead. I want so badly to see what is ahead and in the process I miss what is right in front of me. There is so much I want...and so much more that I have yet to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment