Saturday, August 20, 2011

Socks...

I was thinking the other day...people could really find a lot out about me if they just looked at my feet...I am almost never bare foot...one foot bares several scars and the other looks extremely common place in comparison...one foot will ache when the weather changes drastically, while the other trudges along acting as it should....one I cannot stand to have touched, while the other just doesn't get touched...such an odd reflection of my life...I realizing that I'm living my life with socks on all the time. On th done hand, they are soft and comfortable, slightly protective, and give me a sense of security. On the other hand, I rarely feel the cool wood floor under my feet, the prickling grass; I rarely experience this life with bare feet. It starts to make you wonder what kind of life experiences you are missing out on, and then does it really matter? Just a curious observation...a small consistent action in my life seems to reflect the bigger whole...seems like I need to take the socks off a little more often and feel what is under my feet...truly experience that ground I'm standing on and trust the next step will be protected and planned out for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment