Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Weekend of Festivities

It's February, right?  I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing!!  This past weekend we traveled to celebrate our engagement with family and some friends.  It was quite a whirlwind of a weekend, but fun nonetheless!!  I enjoyed meeting lots of new people and it was so nice to see all of the love and encouragement Brian and I will have in our future together!  We definitely feel loved beyond measure!  And the weather was absolutely beautiful...the day that we left:)  Funny how it always seems to work that way!


It seems the closer we get to April, the more it feels we have to do...but somehow there is a calmness about it.  If you know me, that is a rarity when there is lots to do!:)  I have been so blessed by this man I'm marrying.  He knows how to keep me calm...most of the time;)  We have learned a lot more about each other these last couple of months and I'm ever so grateful for the knowledge we have gained.  It amazes me how much you learn about yourself when you are about to be married.  Making the transition from just me to an us is good and bad!  Good in many ways, like there is someone to help shoulder the load and be an encouragement.  Good in that we are fulfilling a design set forth by Christ at the beginning of time, mirroring His image in many ways and serving one another as He intended (hopefully doing this, as it is a learning process).  Bad in that you realize how deep your sin is rooted.  Bad in that your natural behavior is the very thing that hurts the person you love most.  This "bad" actually is somewhat of a mirror image of how our sin hurts God as well.  Through so much of my reading lately, I'm realizing just how "bad" I am and how little I deserve God's grace.  But that is the glory of His grace, it was and is freely given through the sacrifice of His son.  This cyclical thinking happens constantly in my head and brings me to my knees every time-- we are so undeserving and He is so loving.  I'm so very thankful to have this mirrored opportunity to teach me to continue taking steps forward in faith and to trust His ultimate design.  Yes, we will struggle...yes, we will face difficulties...no, we are not a perfect mirrored image- no one is, we are sinful in our core-- but I hope that we will be iron sharpening iron, encouraging one another towards Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment